submerged structures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Table Rock Lake has a number of submerged structures including the settlement of Oasis:

And the Kimberling Bridge and it is deep and cold and dark and there have been fatalities including a lady doctor diver who fell off the guide line and found deceased several miles away:

And a sizeable wreck, the Zebulon Pike that some call the General:

Oops, double post.

Is that a Locomotive?
No, it is the Zebulon Pike or actually the General. It is a ship wreck. Actually, it was a faux paddle wheeler used as a entertainment venue and dock facility for cruises on the lake. The best story I have on it is that it broke loose in a storm and lodged itself near its current resting place near Indian Point. The Corps of Engineers that lords over the lake did not like that one bit and requested the wreckage be cleaned up. In an attempt to refloat and move the (General) to make all parties happy, it instead sank to the dismay of all and the joy of local divers. Penetration is possible in what I call the "engine" area and then swim up on the main floor through what appears to be a bar area and then up a flight of stairs to the observation deck where fake smoke stacks were set and of which one has fallen over last I was there.

I believe this to be the real Zebulon Pike, that was tied up to the faux paddle wheeler for lake cruises after proper inebriation and perhaps some appetizers on said structure before and after cruising.

I'm looking for clubs or individuals who specialize in diving flooded structures like old towns, buildings, bridges, etc. Extra credit if an ROV is often used!

Check out the St Lawrence River in the Cornwall Ontario area. There are many structures underwater. Victorian era locks, power houses etc
Example:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom