sudan liveaboards

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

march

New
Reaction score
Hi ,Ihave just registered at this site and would like to know from anybody if there is a liveaboard tour from Port Sudan in September that runs for a week.
I hahve tried a few sites but no luck so far.
Would like to here from anyone as information about such things is hard to ifnd in Perth.

you need to post your message on the Africa / Middle East section of these forums, should get a few replies that way

one thing to watch for though, as i understand it, is that at least some (if not perhaps most or all) liveaboard operators will only give you 2 dives a day and perhaps only one night dive a week - basically because there are no recompression facilities in sudan

however diving is supposed to be fantastic, probably the best in the red sea

March...Welcome to ScubaBoard. I moved your thread to the Africa/Middle East section.

Sorry I can't help you as I've never been to that part of the world.

I have been to Sudan three times on different ships.
My reccomendation would be to check with the Don Questo:

http://www.italiamo.it/sudandiving

The skipper is very flexible and will offer more than two dives
a day, as most skippers won't, if the guest requires it. This ship
also have a small chamber onboard.

September will be very hot though, and I would also reconsider to only
visit for a week, since you are also coming all the way from
Australia. Also there are a startup cost with flights to Post Sudan,
hotel nights etc, so a two week stay will give you more value for
your money ...

cheers

christian

We did a Sudan trip in May 2000 from Port Sudan. The ship was the MS Aurora, an Italien ship.

http://www.explorersub.it/international/aurora_en.htm

Simpe, but fun 2 weeks on board. No airconditioning, so better sleep on deck! But great crew, awesome cook (ever had some from Eritrea cook Italien), fresh catch everyday. Only two dive per day ... security! There is no chamber in Sudan, so they are very careful, although VERY deep dives chasing the hammerheads were logged.

Overall: Back to basics, but an inceredible experience in the probably best reefs of the world.

Hope you will be able to find what you are looking for.

:banging:

Hello March
I was in Sudan last march 2000, with the Elegante boat, very nice italian people Claudio the Capitan and his wife Daniela the dive master, normally you make 2 dives and somedays one nigth dive, but if you speack with them you can arrange to can make more, food was really good too and the service excelent.
If you want more information please visit my web site www.josepclotas.com in the links you find elegante address and inside Tropical ambiente some photograhs of sudan , that I thinks it is very good place for diving.
If you need more information please ask.

Regards from Spain

Gemma:jump:

Hello March,
if you have not yet booked, here is a special trip from Egypt to Sudan - one way. Embarkation aboard M/Y Felicidad II on Sept. 15th in Hurghada and arrival in Port Sudan on Sept. 27th. There are still 2 double cabins available - contact www.sds-swiss.com.

After the boats arrival in Port Sudan, the following 2 trips are scheduled from 28 Sept. - 5 Oct and 5 - 12 Oct. The groups in both weeks are open for registration as long as space is available.

I am sorry to be late with this information, but I saw this forum and your question only a few days ago.
Regards
Rembert

Hi March,
I have been diving there four times. I love the diving there, and I have my favorite ship as well, the Don Questo.
There are a few topic on this board about Sudan, if you read those you'll get the picture.
You may also have a look at my website to see something about the dives there, but I also made two series about the Don Questo in case you want to know more about the ship and the crew.

I may want to rent the Don Questo if I get a group together. That will get a better price. I'll talk to them and see what dates they have open.

Oh, by the way, the link Christian gave you is not correct. The URL is http://www.sudandiving.it/index-1.htm

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom