Suggested Deep Diving Resources For Personal Library

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oldbear

Teaching Neutral Diving
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
The other day while I was doing a Google search for an out-of-print book, "Oxygen Hacker's Companion by Vance Harlow", I came across this list of suggested books for your personal library. I found this blog article about suggested books for your personal library fascinating and thought I would share. It is targeting deep diving, but there is also good suggestions for the generalist diver.

Which books do you agree with that are on the list? Do you have any favorite books that you personally feel should be in someone's library.

Books have their place, but If you want to stay really up to date, do a quarterly check on the journal Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine via Archive of "Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine". - PMC

Most articles are embargoed for a year before the full text is available. Here's the list of articles from the December 2022 issue, several of which are relevant to deep diving: Diving Hyperb Med Volume 52(4); 2022 Dec - PMC

They do make certain articles, I think those related to safety, available sooner. So it's worth at least checking the most recent 4 issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom