Suggestions on where to stay in Dumaguete area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kenr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be in the Philippines from December 13th to the 27th. I'm booking 5 days in Alona Beach at the Oasis an then we plan to ferry over to Dumaguete for 5 days. I'm looking for a nice resort with good diving facilities. I would also like a place that also has some interesting nightlife close by. I'm going to be there with my girl friend. She is a newer diver, just got certified last year. She enjoys diving but not the same extent as I do. I would be happy with 4 dives a day. Her speed is more like 2 a day skipping a day every so often. I have heard Mike's in Dauin is good but I am a little concerned that it maybe too isolated. Suggestions would be appreciated. I don't want to spend more than $150 a night tops, $75 would be better. Other than diving what else is fun to do in the area. I am also open to suggestions of other destinations near bohol.
thanks
Ken

My wife and i stayed a week Mike's diving resort 2 years ago and we had a great time.

There is easy shore diving right on the beach, or close by and he also offers boat diving including day trip to Apo island. The resort's facilities are great, pool, hot tub, nice beach, great staff and food at the restaurant.

It's a nice relaxing place to stay, there's also a nice little village and church close by, and a huge market once a week not too far.

Me and my dive buddy stayed at El Dorado Beach Resort in Dauin, Dumaguete. Well run and well organized beach resort and dive shop. Highly recommended!

The do trips to Apo Island (up to 3x a week) and they have a shuttle that goes back and forth between Dauin and Dumaguete City.

Many options at your disposal down here in Dauin, HOWEVER, don't expect to be able to walk to a huge amount of night life. If you want to go out for meals, bars or live music then Dumaguete city is only a 20 to 30 minute ride away (whichever mode of transport you choose).

As for other things to do in the area, there are a few lakes, waterfalls, caves and the like around. Some interesting churches and architecture close by. You can also arrange trekking or hiking excursions in the area. Malatapay market also operates on Wednesday mornings (the earlier you get there the better I have heard).

Atmosphere Resort sure looks nice, looks like they are booked.

---------- Post Merged at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Mike's and Pura Vida, look like some very good options in that area. On another note, whats is the non-scuba activities and nightlife like on Malapascua like?

Another +1 for Pura Vida...We were there about 2 weeks ago & had a great time......

I had an awesome time at Atlantis.

Great facilities, people and diving. Oh. The food and drinks were great.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom