suit and fins color, does it matter ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My gear is quite the mismash of color. Over the years have had a few friends make smart remarks about nothing matching. I always reply by saying "I've come to dive, not to go to a fashion show."

If matching is important to you, then go ahead. I had yellow on a couple of my wetsuits over the years. Sharks didn't seem anymore curious than usual. If, on the other hand, the fins you prefer for diving, don't match your mask etc., and that makes you uncomfortable . . .then matching would seem to be important for you. :wink:

Do you prefer to look like James Bond or Ronald McDonald?

Grandpa bond and a guy I wouldn't trust around my kids are our only choices?

The Navy quit using yellow life jackets after finding out that sharks like the yum yum yellow color.

Mythbusters proved this a few years ago too using dummy divers with different coloured fins.

Personally I like yellow fins as already mentioned it helps to track other divers (e.g. my daughter) when in poor visibility, and I really want to get some close ups of sharks :D

Mythbusters proved this a few years ago too using dummy divers with different coloured fins.

Personally I like yellow fins as already mentioned it helps to track other divers (e.g. my daughter) when in poor visibility, and I really want to get some close ups of sharks :D

[video=youtube;nmt5gF1fqZo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmt5gF1fqZo[/video]

Yum-Yum Yellow :sharkattack:

so yum yum yellow is no no. i guess i'll keep my blue fins afterall :)

I had an Open Water Student a few weeks back who loved her yellow fins, but was scared of seeing a shark. Somethings you just do not tell your students when they are first getting into the water. :wink:

I'm still diving my yum yum yellow fins nothing wrong with them.

I dive mainly in Asia. I used to get a lot of interest from Titan Trigger fish when I wore my old yellow fins. When they broke I replaced them with black (just because they were in stock, no particular preference) and I noticed a dramatic decrease as a result. I'd still buy another pair of yellows though, it kept things interesting :wink:

I always thought fish were color blind; so why, do they go after me when I wear my yellow fins?

Back
Top Bottom