"Surface" the show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill:
However, if I had an opportunity to "partner" with a marine biologist like the female lead, I might think otherwise. She's attractive despite her lack of acting skill, a diver and a scientist. That's my bottom line!

I haven't seen her scuba dive yet. I've seen her in her "submarine" and "diving bell" -- but I've yet to see her with scuba gear on.

ScubaTexan:
I haven't seen her scuba dive yet. I've seen her in her "submarine" and "diving bell" -- but I've yet to see her with scuba gear on.

Oops, I guess I've just been using my imagination too much. After all, I don't actually "watch" the show... it is on in the background as I edit video. Just the thought of an attractive (in a very real, normal way vs Hollywood "beauty") female marine biologist makes my heart go pitter patter (my doctor tells me that's one of the signs of heart disease).

hey, mithbusters did the baloon and chair thing
mabe we can get them to try the boiler or oildrum diving bell thing????

Doc Intrepid:
Everytime someone scoffs and says "naaaaah, impooooosible", I'm reminded of the guy in Colorado who attached 8 large weather balloons to a folding lawnchair to go for a little altitude. He got up around 10,000' if memory serves me right, got noticed by some guy flying by in a private plane...his plan for coming down involved a BB gun, shooting the balloons to initiate his descent.

He survived....

P.S. I watch the show regularly too. Don't tell anyone....jeez...

I'm pretty sure that falls into the urban legend category.

Anyhow - yes, I had a laugh at the thought of turning a rusty boiler into a diving bell, adding an 1/8 inch thick window to the outside using poor assembly and using two or three car batteries to provide power to a day of CO2 scrubing, electronic communication, floodlights, and whatever else.

BUT - I am just glad to see some scuba/sci-fi shows on TV these days. Hollywood occassionally gets it right so maybe one of these shows will turn out to be good.

Walter:

And that's why I'm not a stand-up comedian ... maybe I should have said cold water heater.

http://www.chilipepperapp.com/whwp.htm

He also said:

Well, if crime fighters fight crime and fire fighters fight fire, what do freedom fighters fight? They never mention that part to us, do they?

or

I would never want to be a member of a group whose symbol was a guy nailed to two pieces of wood.

or

When cheese gets it's picture taken, what does it say?

or

If the #2 pencil is the most popular, why is it still #2?

All smartxxss cracks ... but funny.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom