Survival Kit for Basic Divers on SB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This reminds me of the TactiKewl Kids trying to emulate the High Speed Low Drag "Operators" to the point of 5.11 selling Tactical Black Cotton Socks!!

If the cool kids are doing it, it must be the thing to do. Even if you are applying desert warfare tactics and equipment to the forest of Tennesse.

Which is a direct refelection of the comparison of cold water, dark, confined cave diving to warm water reef diving -

This reminds me of the TactiKewl Kids trying to emulate the High Speed Low Drag "Operators" to the point of 5.11 selling Tactical Black Cotton Socks!!

If the cool kids are doing it, it must be the thing to do. Even if you are applying desert warfare tactics and equipment to the forest of Tennesse.

Which is a direct refelection of the comparison of cold water, dark, confined cave diving to warm water reef diving -
HA!

I switched glasses when your back was turned! Ha ha, you fool!! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders. The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia; and only slightly less well known is this: Never go in against a Sicilian, when death is on the line!

Sure nice to see you back on this thread CoolTech.... I think it is a great concept and have pointed a fair few new posters here to help them get things in perspective so they don't get too inclined to withdraw when they get a rough time elsewhere!

This s a fun and entertaining thread but I think it is of great value to SB as a whole.. thanks again

I being a newb am truly thankful for this information. Had I gotten it earlier I would not have been flamed a consequently GONNA DIE from my injuries

I being a newb am truly thankful for this information. Had I gotten it earlier I would not have been flamed a consequently GONNA DIE from my injuries

My god man....tell us you did not buy your stainless snap clips from Home Depot or Lowes :scared:

no, no thats not it. I bought, i bought an airsource 2. dundun dun dun

I can't believe that no one has listed that if you dive without some type of insurance (i.e DAN) you will die before your reg gets wet....

But it must be the Preferred Policy...

I love this thread it is too good to die maybe I can breathe some new life into it?

I just went back and read from beginning to end... I'm back and ready to answer those "New Diver" questions (actually, I had to replace my monitor and keyboard after reading and before I returned).

I WILL be compiling and post to a new thread with much of the information gleaned here (that's another word for "extract" Letterboy).

There is one that needs to be corrected here. Someone posted:

• Using anything other than an AI computer and you will die.

You missed the other half of that post:

• Using anything other than a wrist computer and you will die.

Most of the other posts were just fine

In memory of NetMage... Buddy, you are missed

---------- Post added August 15th, 2015 at 10:12 PM ----------

If you don't understand what you are reading in the forum, it is OK, most people who post don't know what they are saying...

Example:
" Well, if you want to make it easy on you try to go DIR or 3/4 BTC system but of course ADIC indicates that you must follow a SD or TK rule. In any case did you considered to talk to your DM at your LDS for a MTP or BTD setup? "

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom