Survival Kit for Basic Divers on SB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

True story.... my hand to Deepstops.... guy shows up w/ OMS bungied wing, split fins, wetsuit and borrowed dbl 95's for his first dive in them 20 miles off shore in the Gulf...

He jumps in, swims to the anchor line and starts descent... he had his bungied dbl wing all cinched down for diving on single tanks and didn't let any slack out... went to inflate and pop.... the elbow totally pulls out of the wing... His buddy, waves him off and continues his dive to 110' as he grabs the anchor line and hauls himself to the surface as he's seriously overweighted. He reaches the ladder huffing and puffing like he just swam in Indy 500 and says 'guys need a little help here' and we all jump to get him onboard....

Two comments overheard...... I **** you not....
"guess I'm going to need to get that dbl bladder wing" :lotsalove:

And... because we're on site for 6 hours and 3 dives....
B - "how about you borrow my BP/w and go do your dive"
J - "I don't like to borrow other peoples gear" :shakehead:
C - "well - his gear is guaranteed not to kill you...." :D :popcorn:

I thought you said you weren't gonna tell anyone about my first dive trip with you guys . . .

:popcorn:

I said a real question from a real diver. You know... The ones who don't have to look for shopping carts at the bottom? :shakehead:

Not to mention the above question would honestly get you knifed on some parts of this board :rofl3:
That sounds like a dare. . .
Adding LB to hitlist.....
HEY - I haven;t painted anyones tank . . .

HEY - I haven;t painted anyones tank . . .

Now that was hilarious. That video and just the thought of doing it cracks me up.

someone wld have died that day.

List:
Mempilot
Padipro
LetterBoy
ScubaSteve001

Stop it! I'm driving and the people at this stop light just watched me spit my soda all over the windshield!

Posted via Mobile Device

Please remember that PADI is run by a evil cabal of ex-****s who's only purpose is to see your bloated corpse being nibbled by fish. Even if you have achieved the highest qualifications possible within the PADI system you CANNOT actually dive and have no business being near water. Even in the bath.

Back
Top Bottom