Question Suunto Cobra 3 battery compartment flooded.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedoboy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My Cobra battery compartment flooded on dive trip. Once home I removed battery and allowed Cobra to dry. I installed a new battery and it appears to be working. Any thoughts on if it is still safe to use? thanks in advance

Yikes, that makes it more likely there will be an issue eventually, even if there aren't problems now. One easy way to check if everything is really "dry" would be to seal it up and leave it out in the sun for a bit. If there is any remaining moisture, you will likely see some fogging. But I don't think moisture is your biggest issue here. The salt is. Googling might give you some other ideas about how to maybe mitigate the chance of problems (rinsing with various substances and drying again, for example), but I wouldn't be comfortable making any recommendations as relates to someone else's critical life support equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom