suunto stinger sound / audio gone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wackodacko

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello People!
Guess what.. I set the wakeup alarm on my suunto stinger the other day and it didn't alarm. basically after fiddling around with it, i also noticed there was no audio or sound coming out of it at all. I know that when i put it on "air" its supposed to BEEEP then go into dive mode. I dont hear this beep anymore. I just noticed this and will not be diving til early august so I cant test it in the water. (no pool) But its probably safe to say the alerts wont alert while underwater. I heard it takes up to 3 months to return and get something back from manuf. if something is wrong with the computer. This is sad, cuz i am doing a lot of diving in august, sept, oct.. Did this sound thing ever happen to anyone? Maybe I accidentally turned it off? Any ideas?

Thanks.

I don't think there is an option to turn off the sound. Is the battery OK? the alarm takes quite a lot of energy so it'll be one of the first thing to go (along with the backlight).

I should probably add that you shouldn't need to rely on the alarm for a safe dive but I'm sure you dont' :)

Nick

Back
Top Bottom