Suunto Zoop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the Gekko, kind of the precedor of the Zoop and I'm very happy with it. Like every divecomputer you have to spend some time to get to know it. Maybe the booklet seems large, but a lot of it is about things like don't go diving without proper training and things like that. Things that you're already supposed to know.

I agree, the Suunto Zoop manual is very poorly written.

My dog ate my other computer (really) and so I just bought a Zoop just to have a cheap computer on hand.

I also have a Suunto D3 free-diving computer, and the D3 manual was equally as useless.

I have 14 years of college under my belt, and still had trouble understanding the manual. Eventually I resorted to trial-and-error to figure out the menus, if you can believe that that was easier than trying to read the manuals.

Hey Suunto, who writes these instructon manuals?

The interface of the Zoop (and similar Suuntos) could be better but could be worse. If you skip the legal disclaimers the manual isn't that long. (Ironically, without all that useless crap it would be easier to understand and therefore possibly safer...)

I found the manual to be poor, but the card listing all of the button functions and LCD information locations was enough to figure it all out while playing around with it one evening. Until it's second nature, it is a good idea to go back through the menus pre-dive just to get reacquainted.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom