Question Swago cave packs for hauling gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tom_Ivan

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey all

I need some new cave packs for hauling/dragging gear through dry sections.
I've been using the classic round bags with the drawstring top but the drawstring always come loose eventually and you loose stuff.

I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the size large Swago cave packs will hold a pair of 5L or ideally 7L steel dive cylinders?
I think that might be 40/60 cubic foot.

Thanks

Hey all

I need some new cave packs for hauling/dragging gear through dry sections.
I've been using the classic round bags with the drawstring top but the drawstring always come loose eventually and you loose stuff.

I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the size large Swago cave packs will hold a pair of 5L or ideally 7L steel dive cylinders?
I think that might be 40/60 cubic foot.

Thanks
No not even close. The swago's shape is all wrong to hold any dive cylinders at all in even the largest size. Maybe a couple 2L or something like that. For 5L+ forget it, not nearly long/tall enough.

The tall skinny aka ""vertical" bags from gonzo guano hold 5-7L steels. Wrap the tanks in neoprene to avoid rubbing holes in the bags. GGG Caving Packs

large swago (open and closed) next to a lp45 (7L I believe) and next to a gonzo guano vertical
1682193476376.png
1682194831896.png
1682193665287.png

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom