Swamper's Get Together - June 25-27 Lake Travis/Mansfield Dam Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am trying to finish this DM class. I will be at the Mansfield Park with dive class. So not officially with group but I am sure I will see everyone.
downunderjenn:
I could come and do a night dive. I'm on the boat that weekend.

Dee...I remember. Hopefully this one will go off without a hitch! Can't wait to finally meet you!

Kathy and I dove Mansfield Dam yesterday. The LCRA has made some improvements: stairs to the water, new buoys, etc.

The vis was okay (~12'), the thermocline kicked in at 40-45' and it was <70 degrees at 50'. The lake is warming up quickly; I bet it will be comfortable to at least 60' in three weeks.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Alan

Looks like this will be the first outing I'll miss. I'll be headed east to the clear waters of Arkansas that weekend. Sorry to miss you all, but have a great weekend.

RicHeaD

Hoping to make it this time around.. I have been so busy with work, my new business, and planning my wedding/honeymoon in Sept. on Curacao! My fiance and I are definately going to try and make this!

Lake Travis Update

LCRA reports 78' to 50 feet, then a thermocline. The lake is open to boat traffic and the negative effects of the rain last week are abating (bacteria levels due to runoff, partially submerged debris). The floodgates at Mansfield are closed.

Kathy and I will dive the lake this weekend and report back.

Alan

No camping for us, but would like to meet up with everyone for some dives over the weekend.

Hello all =). New boardie here and someone sent me over to this part of the board. I would love to join in that weekend if a new face is welcome. Single diver though so if you guys are willing to promise some good company you can count me in and I'll bring some hamburger meat if its requested =).

So, in otherwords, if there are some people for me to buddy up with count me in. Never dove lake travis, my texas experience has been limited to Canyon Lake and Aquarina Springs.

Will be there. Doing the DM thing. We have six open water students plus 6 advanced. so will not officially be with group but will be there

Back
Top Bottom