Swine flu???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darnit! And here I thought the price of Bacon would come down :(

That's one of the reasons they stopped calling it "Swine Flu". People thought you could get it from pork and the pork producers were freaking out.

Terry

Darnit! And here I thought the price of Bacon would come down :(

Quite the contrary in some places it will be skyrocketing! Take for example Egypt:

"After being unsettled by years of battling deadly bird flu, the Egyptian government has decided to slaughter the nation's 300,000 pigs to prevent the spread of swine flu. The health ministry has reportedly put all hospitals and quarantine center on alert to slow the spread of the virus in Egypt." :confused: :confused:

This in spite of the fact that YOU CANNOT CATCH SWINE FLU FROM A PIG!! :rofl3: And NO ONE THERE HAS IT YET!

In the words of Susan Powter:

Susan+Powter+weight.jpg

CAN WE PLEASE STOP THE INSANITY!! :lotsalove:

Quite the contrary in some places it will be skyrocketing! Take for example Egypt:

"After being unsettled by years of battling deadly bird flu, the Egyptian government has decided to slaughter the nation's 300,000 pigs to prevent the spread of swine flu. The health ministry has reportedly put all hospitals and quarantine center on alert to slow the spread of the virus in Egypt." :confused: :confused:

This in spite of the fact that YOU CANNOT CATCH SWINE FLU FROM A PIG!! :rofl3: And NO ONE THERE HAS IT YET!

In the words of Susan Powter:

Susan+Powter+weight.jpg

CAN WE PLEASE STOP THE INSANITY!! :lotsalove:

LOL .. LETS ACT ! .. Then we think ! :O hahaha

During the preceding week one person in the US has died of H1N1 flu, and approximately 775 (statistically speaking) have died of conventional seasonal flu.

And of course approximately 7,000 people die each day of malaria, but they are poor and black so God forbid that the media should pay any attention to them.

And of course approximately 7,000 people die each day of malaria, but they are poor and black so God forbid that the media should pay any attention to them.

It's not a racial or socioeconomic bias.

Malaria happens all the time, it would cost huge amounts of money to fix, and the word just isn't fun to say.

Swine Flu.

See? That's got sizzle to it.

Malaria? That's so last century.

QUIZ:

What was the big news story on 9-11 before the planes hit?

Shark attack epidemic off of Florida. That was after we got tired of Chandra Levy.

Then, something better came along. :shakehead:

Two weeks in Roatan (and excessive exposure to Marco) = no swine flu

On the other hand, apparently my friend Stephanie ended up with it in New Jersey while I was gone. She and I celebrated with a high five.

The swine flu is another prank on society!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom