Synchronization doesn't work anymore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

memorex77

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Title says it all, I can't upload and synchronize anymore since last Sunday. There is an error message after it starts Java, and that's it. Does it work for you?

I haven't been able to synch for the last month. When I can connect, the synch box is grayed out and unavailable. Since the last Java update, I cannot even get to that. Kind of brings home the problems with the original decision by the manufacturer to use online synching instead of the usual synch to a desktop app.

Same here. Synchronisation dies with a Java Exception error. I suspect the java used doesn't play nice with the newer Java versions... which is almost typical for Java.

Uninstalling 7.45 and then installing 7.25 really fixes the issue. Fortunately I could still find the 7.25 installer in my Downloads Folder because I couldn't find a way to download it from Java.com. After sync I updated to Software 1.21 which fixes the flight problems, was really easy and fast.

Uninstalling 7.45 and then installing 7.25 really fixes the issue. Fortunately I could still find the 7.25 installer in my Downloads Folder because I couldn't find a way to download it from Java.com. After sync I updated to Software 1.21 which fixes the flight problems, was really easy and fast.
Yes, but why in 2015, does the SDA update software still require such an old version of Java ? I might expect this from a third world country, but not something from Switzerland. Do all the Europeans that have this computer use old versions of Java ???Just doesn't make sense to me ????

This is why I finally quit using mine. The company cannot be bothered to update their software to use the latest version of Java. If you want to be able to upload your dives to the website and view them, you are forced to use an outdated Java version that likely has security issues. I've read horror stories about their hardware support too. All of this is really too bad because the SDA was way ahead of its time and is still one of the nicest dive computers around.

Back
Top Bottom