Tahiti Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am also getting married and heading to Tahiti for our honeymoon. We are staying on Moorea, Manihi and Rangiroa. Does anyone know if we will need reservations ahead of time for diving? and if so who and how do I contact them. I have heard that Topdive is the bigger outfit on Moorea and Manihi has only one outfit and it is at the Black Pearl Resort where we are staying out. Any sugguestions on dive sites would also be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the board!
Not a clue about Tahiti. Have a great honeymoon and life!

Joe

Benvenuto a bordo :scubadive
Congrat for the wedding and nice honeymoon

My wife and I did our honeymoon in Tahiti in May 2003. We stayed at the Pearl in Moorea. I dove with Topdive in Bora Bora. An excellant operation. I dove with the dive shop on site at the Pearl on Moorea. Rafeal is his name. He also provides great service. I only had to make a reservation with him the night before my dives. I'm sure you can call the hotels you are staying at and ask about diving reservations.

My Topdive reservations I made a month in advance.

The dive shop at Pearl is Moorea Blue Diving - they are excellent - I didn`t stay at Pearl - but they picked us up on time every day at the dock of the hotel we were at - refused to take any money til the last day

Great service - very relaxed with the experienced divers, very helpful and attentive to the new divers and very cheerful !

welcome!

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

For your research, you can try our Search function on each one of thse names. Or you can ask questions on our forum for Pacific Islands...
don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile? Some ideas for your Profle might be taken from looking at mine. Click on my Username to the upper left, then click on my Profile, and see what I've done. For your's, click the [CP] in the upper left of the screen, then click [Edit Profile]. If you need any more help, PM me direct.

:D

Welcome and enjoy !!

Howdy! You'll like it here, this is the most informative place to go for SCUBA on the internet. Whether you want info, humor, or spirited debate, (or sometimes all three at once!), this is the place! :crafty:

Congrats!

TJ

I dove Moorea three years ago. Went with Moorea Fun Dive and had a good experience. Good shark experiences and lots of other nice things to observe.

Unfortunately the French dive master didn't seem to understand that when someone turned my air off before I entered the water, it was okay for me to surface quickly from 20 ft when I realized it wasn't on (since I was not breathing compressed air... or any air for that matter). She grabbed my legs and tried to hold me down. I thought she was trying to attack me (oh, the joy of that thought!).

Then when we surfaced I couldn't seem to explain to her that because someone had turned off my air on board (I had it on), it was OK for me to surface even at a rapid rate.

Thought about extending my stay to do some more diving there, but Air Tahiti Nui offers enough great specials from LA that I'll be going aain soon.

Enjoy the diving.. oh, and your honeymoon as well!

Dr. Bill

Back
Top Bottom