Taking Carribean recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have always liked the bungalow photos at AKR, especially the ones over the water, but the idea of traveling to some remote, idyllic tropical isle, laying out on a deserted stretch of beach or secluded cove to tan all over, then having insects attempt to consume your flesh, suck the blood from my body and inject their anticoagulant factors into me so that I look like an ad for polka dots, well, am I making my point?! lol

I have heard the Bahamas lack the little invertebrate critters and encusting stuff that is interesting to me....

Yes, I totally dislike hotels. Going to a tropical paradise and staying in a hotel with cars driving around and local city folk who aren't guests of the resort with the local KFC behind me really turns me off. I prefer a more secluded out of the way exclusive type of resort but authentic to the locale.

Jersey:
No air, no phone, no cable, real bungalows or small guest houses, I wouldn't describe them as anything remotely near "hotels". Accomodations run from eco-conscious, to fairly luxurious (check out Willards). 5 square miles of dormant volcano, 1 road. No beaches, no beach diving. Critters abound - large,small & in-between, corals as well, island is a marine preserve. Certainly would not be described as anything remotely near the word "city". You don't mention any other needs - dining choices, entertainment, other activities - if these are not important, Saba. If these are of equal importance, you may want to consider another choice.check this link for accomodations

I will highly second this recommendation. It's nothing short of incredible. Both the island, and the diving are amazing.

Hey Detroit Diver! Thanks for the Dave Barry quote. That one got e-mailed to my dive buddies.

Tim Ingersoll:
Hey Detroit Diver! Thanks for the Dave Barry quote. That one got e-mailed to my dive buddies.

Glad you liked it!

I like good food, but a communal table option to hang out with guests and socialize is quite enjoyable. I prefer it to be on a private beach too, or at least a secluded one.

Coco View on Roatan!

Wanna dive world class? Wanna dive stress free?
Don't wanna mortgage the house to do it?
Really wanna dive yer brains out?
You CANNOT beat Coco View.
Tell Bill I said Hi.

FOUNDATIONER:
Coco View on Roatan!

Wanna dive world class? Wanna dive stress free?
Don't wanna mortgage the house to do it?
Really wanna dive yer brains out?
You CANNOT beat Coco View.
Tell Bill I said Hi.

Okay, you convinced me. It fit all of his needs. Mine too.

I am heading to COCO View on Sunday for a week. I hope it is as good as everyone says. I can't wait to get out of this New York cold and get into the warm water.

Back
Top Bottom