taking unpressurized flights after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

low-dive pilots/divers, and they always worry me. Obviously, you know what you're doing both in diving and in flying, and if you're flying Hawkers you know how to do a w/b. My apologies.
I understand you can always refuse a re-route, especially VFR, but you sure as heck don't give yourself much of a safety margin if you're bumping up against some altitude limit and need to go higher to any reason.
Correct on the O2 (even presurized a/c have O2 bottlles for in-flight requirements) but you can't carry compressed gas, flammable liquids or firearms ammunition on board as cargo or luggage. Am I correct on that?

As I said, I've seen some posts about flying/diving from people who knew very little about either. My first a/c, a Mooney, is in 800FSW in the Sea of Cortez because "the engine quit" while they were trying to get through/around a storm.
Yeah, they always quit, WHEN THEY RUN OUT OF GAS. :rofl3:
Out here in AZ, getting in to the coast is always a guessing game VFR. Getting out, too. I'v'e never been there when I didn't need an IFR plan to get out or in.
I don't know what it's like on your coast, but I imagine you might have the same issues. Only difference is we're having to hop over much higher terrain to get anywhere. MEA's for IFR flight are almost always in the teens.
Good luck in your search - I would have loved to use my plane to save time, but it just didn't work for me as far as diving went.

well, getting a bit OT here but firearms differ by location. up in Alaska I think a large caliber firearm is a required piece of safety gear, it certainly is in Canada. Don't have a FAR/AIM handy to check on the other, I think the rules are different pt 91 vs 121 etc, I certainly used to fly with gas cans when going to remote areas years ago, but it might not have been legal. I don't think scuba tanks are an issue, and there's no significant risk increase empty vs full at least for this question. down here its FLAT until you get north of ATL.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom