Tampa Boat Show Fri-Sun - Times Fishing School - my topic/video: DIVE & FISHING SITES

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chad Carney

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
This weekend is the FREE Tampa Bay Boat Show & St Pete Times Fishing School at the Fairgrounds.

I'll be presenting a website section called "The Wild West Coast of Florida" which is a collection of charts, coordinates, photographs, illustrations and Capt's log entries about offshore diving & fishing sites, as far as 100 nautical miles from Tampa Bay, Florida. Sat & Sun from 11:00 to 12:00.

Also I plan to show a short video of some Tampa Bay area wrecks & ledges.
The hook & line seminars are usually also very good. Schedule below.
If you're not shooting the SBO or the weather isn't good, come on out... you can't beat the price!

Capt Chad

(If you can't make it at 11:00, I'll be showing it on-line in my booth all weekend, and lots of spearfishing videos too.)

Saturday report out of Tarpon Springs: Out to almost 70' and back to 60' on a private boat. Vis was awesome until the last 25' or so where it dropped to about 25' horizontal. Just a little bit milky hazy.

Fish were not real plentiful, possible full moon effect? And we were not on anything special. Saw one 15-ish gag and a true black that size too, and both boogied off real quick. My student's daughter H&L'd a nice keeper sized ARS, but had to settle for only a photo.

Attachments

• Boat Show 05-09.JPG
    Boat Show 05-09.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 26
  • G&B-Fish-School-05-09.jpg
    G&B-Fish-School-05-09.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 36
  • WWC-photo-w65.jpg
    WWC-photo-w65.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 32
  • st pete boat sshow 03-09.jpg
    st pete boat sshow 03-09.jpg