Tank cam strap assembled incorrectly at factory?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP,
I'm not trying to be a wise @ss, but thats kidna tough since the buckle is concave and convex (curved on BOTH sides)...

With the buckle laid on the table so it looks like this:
[____]_________ - the Velcro is up.

Another words, with the concave UP, the Velcro is up.

Hope this helps...

When the lay it out it looks like:

^^^^^ equals Velcro pointing UP

[______] __________^^^^^^^^_____________

Buckle opening facing UP - Velcro facing UP...

there's only about 6 people in the world that know how to thread these things correctly, right?

The threading diagrams are generally useless. If I were you I'd carry it down to the shop, WITH the BC, in the hopes that someone there knows how to thread it. Once you get it threaded, don't undo it, just loosen and slide on/off the tank.

Tom

Sounds like this BC thing wasn't such a good idea after all, eh? Is it too late to get your bp/wing back from whomever you sold it to? Let them fiddle with convoluted straps...what happens if that thing ever comes off in the water?

Thanks,
But NO WAY! I'm done with BP's and Wings...

Here is what it LOOKS like, Velcro UP....

You just can't win for losing can you 446? I realize it's been a rough couple months for you but don't worry, life will get better!

Really, take the damn thing to the shop and let them look at it. No matter what we tell you we're never going to be able to talk you through the threading process on a message board.

Tom

WreckWriter once bubbled...
You just can't win for losing can you 446? I realize it's been a rough couple months for you but don't worry, life will get better!

Really, take the damn thing to the shop and let them look at it. No matter what we tell you we're never going to be able to talk you through the threading process on a message board.

Tom

Totally agreed. Why are you talking about it here? If it's put together incorrectly, we can't help you. We're not going to be able to talk you through it (and you have instructions from Mares apparently anyway).

Yes, the probelm IS, not matter HOW I thread it - to getthe buckle to lay with the curve AGAINST the tank properly, means the Velcro is on the INSIDE loop of the strap.

So, the plastic buckle MUST be on backwards...

Ok, we get it. We feel pretty bad for you getting a dud strap from Mares (doesn't surprise me too much). Now send it back.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom