Tank Fills

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the replies. I was just curious and it doesn't sound like a big deal so I wont concern myself with it.
Diving is an awesome place. I wish I started long ago (55) but I get seasick and didn't realize how nice shore diving is and how well bonine works on a boat. Since getting certified my golf clubs are all dusty and my lawn needs cut. I will dive every chance I get and for as long as I can.

I'm very new to diving (4 months 20 dives.) I have two dive shops close by and they're both a pleasure to visit. One will fill my tanks until they leak (about 3400) the other brings them to 3000. Which one would you have tanks filled at?
Thanks.

Your tanks leaking is not a shop issue, it's a tank or valve issue. So get that fixed.
Now, with that said... go to the shop that fills to 3400. It's a crappy fill (not everyone get can 4000psi fills like I can :) ), but it's better than nothing. :D :D :D

It sounds like they may have their fill station configured to vent gas above a certain fill pressure. I doubt very much the tank monkey meant that her hearing a tank actually leaking meant it was full enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom