tank identification without pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Nemrod tanks sold in the US were made under ICC 3AA (now DOT) standard and as far as I know they were all 1/2” NPT threads. They were distributed by Seamless in the US and the tanks were probably made in the US.

I had one of those bumped tanks and we sold Nemrod at Divers Service Center in PR.

I have also seen a number of Nemrod/ Seamless valves and all of the ones I have seen used US threads.

All the bumped Scuba tanks I have ever seen always had the 1/2” NPT tank neck, but the CO2 fire extinguishers type might have come with the 1 inch tapered pipe thread. In which case, it may have a reducer to the Scuba valve.

I have a bump bottom walter kidde LP72. It's my favorite tank. It has a 3/4" valve. Just go back and look at them, if it says 3AA2250 AWK and on the original hydro it has a K in a circle, get them. Come to think of it, where in TX are you? If you're near San Antonio or Austin I'd be interested in looking at them.

As far as what they're worth, if I could look inside and see that they're clean of rust, and they're galvanized (probably under the paint) I'd pay $50 for each in a second. They rarely fail hydro due to the lower test pressure, and the bootless feature is terrific. I'd keep them as singles for that reason; doubles don't need a boot anyways because you can just lean them up against something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom