Tank lights--what are they good for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use this as my tank light and clasp it with my cam band so it stays visible and doesnt tangle.

Life Gear Waterproof Glow Stick at REI.com

Probably one of the more useful things I've bought. It has a normal flashlight head (useless underwater), but can be set to either a constant mode or flashing mode and has a built in whistle. It also floods the body with water when submerged so its basically neutral (the flashlight is all in the head).

And because it's from REI, its effectively warrantied unconditionally for life.

BubbleTrubble, this was an unusual incident, where we had multiple teams in the water at the same time, and they all converged on a single site at once -- it wasn't planned!

And no, there is no problem with coloring or otherwise personalizing ones gear, and I have done it.

I'm not a fan of gang diving, so I often sit out night dives that look like they're going to evolve that way. Here's a nice compact light to consider if you opt in:

Glo-Toob | The High Intensity, Multipurpose, Waterproof Lightsource!

Most of us also have names + phone numbers marked.
What a great idea! On a few occasions I have dived with women who looked particularly fetching in their wetsuits and had to muster up the nerve to ask for their phone numbers topside. If they'd marked them on their fins the whole process would have been simpler (if perhaps a little creepier).
:wink:

Lol. :)

Given the surf entries we contend with, it's just good practice to mark up the gear you might lose in the surf zone with name (or initials) and a phone number. At least gives you a chance that some decent person might find it and ring you up.

That said, I did have a charter captain in the NE ask me about my phone number on one of my reels. He told me it was a great idea, that way if he happen to find it, he could call to let me know how nice it was for me to leave it for him. :rofl3:

What a great idea! On a few occasions I have dived with women who looked particularly fetching in their wetsuits and had to muster up the nerve to ask for their phone numbers topside. If they'd marked them on their fins the whole process would have been simpler (if perhaps a little creepier).
:wink:

I'm not a fan of gang diving, so I often sit out night dives that look like they're going to evolve that way. Here's a nice compact light to consider if you opt in:

Glo-Toob | The High Intensity, Multipurpose, Waterproof Lightsource!

I actually like a tank light stick when night diving... We like to turn off our lights and enjoy the "silence" of the night--at least for little bits of time.. The little light tank allows to keep a eye on each other... Here is the tank light that i just got and love.. Its small but bright enough-- uses two batter yet lasts a good long time. . Buy Promate LED light stick T-03 with reviews at scuba.com ... They sell them all over but i got mine at sports chalet for 20$ish dollars.. If this one broke-- id get another..

This light has good reviews, but I don't like the special watch-type batteries. I prefer AAA batteries for this and UK makes one, but only in red color light.

Adam

Back
Top Bottom