Tank size & nitrox HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

is there anyway I could add positive bouyancy tastefully?

Use an Al 80 instead of an HP100, lol. :wink:

If you are thinking a BP/W is in your future then I suggest you skip a steel plate and go with a plastic plate in warmer waters. Also, an 18# wing should do the trick for you. You'll also find that as you dive more and more, you will need less and less weight. It takes (I think) about 50+ dives to really dial in your trim and get down to the weight you really need on your belt/plate etc...Give it some time and experiment in small increments. You'll get there.

I really want to get into steel though..

Why?

How much weight are you using now when you dive in Fl? What tanks are you using and what exposure protection?

I just read your profile. It seems you are already diving a BP/W no? Deep outdoors?

I havent dove it yet, or dove in florida yet.. Im coming from LA.. and there I used 14lbs with a 7mm and AL80.. granted I gained some weight since then

Hp steel 100's are common down here... if you find that is overkill and you still want steel try a hp80... Fill express in Pompano rents hp 100's if you would like to try em...

I havent dove it yet, or dove in florida yet.. Im coming from LA.. and there I used 14lbs with a 7mm and AL80.. granted I gained some weight since then

If you were using 14lbs in a 7 mil suit you aren't going to need a heck of a lot of weight (if any) to get down with a 3/2. Diving has a breathing pattern all its own, you'll just have to get out there and dive to learn what pattern works best for you. I'd suspect that your musical training has you breathing more deeply and exhaling more completely than most other divers, thus increasing your SAC rate a bit.

Back
Top Bottom