tank stickers, labelling and trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do duct tape marking with mix, mod, date and pressure.

Stage and deco bottles have 3" MOD markings on them as well.

This stuff doesn't leave the residue that regular duct tape does and works nicely with a Sharpie--3M 764 General Purpose Vinyl Tape 2in x 36yds. I found it here.

hello. i am an advanced nitrox diver. i would like to check if what i think is correct is correct about tank stickers. ok. air-no sticker nessasery. nitrox <40% - yellow/green sticker. nitrox >40% - black and white oxygen sticker.
please can you tell me if this is correct?

also is the custom mix sticker for a tank that could contain any mix including trimix? if so does this mean that even if u think nitrox is in the tak then u must still analyse for helium?

how do you mark 100% o2?
thanks craig

not exactly sure what you mean by a black and white oxygen sticker but if you mean the ones that actually have a white background with black letters that says oxygen...that is only put on a tank containing 100% oxygen.

There are custom stickers for trimix but everyone i know just uses some tape, in my case the blue masking tape, write the mix on there. The MOD is then indicated in big numbers at the bottom of the tank so the team members can all see it.

Our oxygen deco bottle has a label that says "oxygen" on two sides and then the MOD 20 at the bottom on two sides.

You can marks your tanks any way that you want. There is no law.

There are tank marking protocols that vary from agency to agency.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom