Tanks Purchased in US Cant be Hydro'd in Canada?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EricjVI

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone! I had two older steel 105's given to me when a family friend passed away. They were last hydro'd in 2000. Here's the problem: I went to have them hydro'd in Victoria, BC, CAN and I was told that they are missing a certain stamp from DOT (or might have been Transport Canada). They said they can't do them at Crest in Vic, but they said there are international companies in Vancouver that could do them. They were originally purchased in California.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Worth it to try and hydro in Van? Or should I sell?

Thanks.

Attachments

• DSC_0116.JPG
    DSC_0116.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 51
go to another dive shop , I had Fabor 120's that I bought in New York and had no problem getting them hydroed in Ontario

go to another dive shop , I had Fabor 120's that I bought in New York and had no problem getting them hydroed in Ontario
Fabers come with both the TC (Transport Canada) stamp as well as the DOT stamp. That's why you could get tanks bought in New York hydro'd in Canada.

As said these cylinders probably do not have the TC (Transport Canada) markings so they can not be re-qualified in Canada except at a shop that can do international re-quals. Not sure of the rules in Canada but with a current re-qual. can they be filled in Canada?

As for what to do. If they can be filled in CA find a place across the border to do the re-qual. Otherwise sell them.

FWIW I have some older (1992) Fabers that are the same DOT markings only.

The OP has two identical threads going. I asked him a question in his other thread (which has not been answered.). What actualy ARE the markings on your tanks? This is the missing info to give you a good answer.

It is definitely the TC marking that is missing. If I can get them hydrod I can fill them off my club's compressor. I believe there is an isolator manifold and bands that are on their way for me too. If this is the case, I really want to get these up and running.

Anyone have any idea what the name of that international company may be? It was something Scandinavian like Hendrickson or something. I will call crest hydro tomorrow and confirm.

Thanks for the replies!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom