Tanya Streeter US Discovery Channel tonight

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was the equalization problem he had just plain old equalization issues? It seemed to happen at the same depth each time. Any significance to that?

mdsd:
Was the equalization problem he had just plain old equalization issues? It seemed to happen at the same depth each time. Any significance to that?
Apparently he was fine up to that depth which would indicate that this depth was his barrier depth for equalization. When you reach certain depths you have to get rather creative in finding ways to equalize, ex..flooding your sinuses with the water. If it was due to a sinus concern, I highly doubt he would have been able to reach those depths. Deron Verbeck said the same thing had occured to him. He was doing something wrong that prevented him from going beyond that barrier depth. It sure was awesome to see Joe reach his target depth though, he was definitely excited. By the way, Tanya Streeter IS as energetic and motivated as it showed. She does have a genuine interest in helping everyone reach their potential.

its on right now on the west coast, this time as a rerun

Freediver,
You too use a heart rate monitor to watch your HR while dreediving. I use my HRM as a training tool when doing all of my workouts and as a way to monitor my HR in retrospect after diving. My HRM downloads the information to my PC where I can look at what my HR did during my dives. While I haven't mastered what to do with my feedback, I do find the HRM an excellent way to control cardio workouts for maximum effectiveness and a great tool to monitor your heart beat during resting periods. Lance Armstrong has a resting heart rate of somewhere around 28-30.

Justin699:
Freediver,
You too use a heart rate monitor to watch your HR while dreediving. I use my HRM as a training tool when doing all of my workouts and as a way to monitor my HR in retrospect after diving. My HRM downloads the information to my PC where I can look at what my HR did during my dives. While I haven't mastered what to do with my feedback, I do find the HRM an excellent way to control cardio workouts for maximum effectiveness and a great tool to monitor your heart beat during resting periods. Lance Armstrong has a resting heart rate of somewhere around 28-30.

Hey Justin699, yea I wear my HRM everywhere. It is a simple one, not downloadable. You can do some really neat things to "trick" your heart into slowing down. Try this one, after doing a workout and cooling down a bit, sit in a chair and cross one leg over the other. Yea, kind of like a typical female sits. It is effective in slowing the heart rate and, after exercise, along with some breathing exercises you can condition your heart to respond by slowing down on "your" command. I have gotten where i can slow mine from low 120's to low 60's in a matter of seconds. Of course the psychological effect of looking at the HRM and slowing your heart rate is very beneficial. This is biofeedback.
My resting heart rate is usually 48-52. Lance Armstrong is just ridiculously inhuman. :wink:
I bet with a little work on technique, he would be one heckuva freediver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom