Taxi rates, taxi zones, bus routes, colectivo routes, and new parking laws

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Improve the image and totally confuse the hell out of tourists. If they want no parking just paint it red. How is someone supposed to know that white sometimes means "scooters no cars" and other times "cars no scooters"?

For their next trick, maybe green traffic lights will be treated as stop signs, unless it's Tuesday.
Are you complaining to me, or just complaining in general? If it is to me, I'm sorry, but I was not involved in the plan or the decision to implement it.

Are you complaining to me, or just complaining in general? If it is to me, I'm sorry, but I was not involved in the plan or the decision to implement it.

Of course not about you.

I updated the taxi and bus info on EverythingCozumel.com
Many thanks for your site.
White curbs between Calles 8 and 10 are for scooter parking only. White curbs between Calles 5 and 3 are also scooter parking only. All other white curbs allow car and truck parking, but no scooters. Sundays you can park anywhere you want, except the yellow curbs next to the corners, blue curbs, or taxi stands
This video clip provides a simple, easy to understand guide to the new parking zones.
Good luck!
Yes, everyone who drives in Cozumel needs that!

Thanks for the info, @El Graduado . Couple of questions: In which Zone is the airport? Where can I find the shared van rates from the airport? I thought those were also called collectivos? Thanks.

Thanks for the info, @El Graduado . Couple of questions: In which Zone is the airport? Where can I find the shared van rates from the airport? I thought those were also called collectivos? Thanks.
The airport is not in a zone. It is a destination in itself.

The shuttle rates are in the part of my website named "Airport shuttle rates and routes" Here is the link:

Cozumel Airport Shuttle Rates and Routes - EverythingCozumel

Colectivo, with one "L," just means "shared van" in Spanish. One of the airport shuttle services offers both shared and private vans, while the other one offers shared vans, private vans, and private autos.

Do not expect the charts to mean much. Be prepared to dicker. See What do you do when the cab driver lies?
Well, I don't know about that. I think you will usually get a price in the same ballpark. The official price is basically a rounding error compared to US resort area taxis, if you can even get one. In Vegas the minimum UberX fare is US$8.77. With the increased price of gas, I don't mind paying over the official rate if there's a taxi always waiting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom