Tech equipment (GUE/DIR equipment)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP,

Nope. Wanting to take it is why I worked to arrange the course here in May with guys I dive with and guys I plan to dive with. As far as the requirements go I am fine with them, but not everyone who wants to take the class is ready to lay down the cash to get into new gear when they are still happy with what they have. That is why I asked Andrew about the requirements.

JoelW

Originally posted by JoelW
Wanting to take it is why I worked to arrange the course here in May with guys I dive with and guys I plan to dive with.
Cool Joel.... start building the team right from the get go... I like it!

And you will really like the DIRF... well... you will really appreciate the DIRF and be glad you took it when it is over :wink:

Just a little tip about the relaxing of the equipment requirments:
It is always nice to have a goat for the Bar~B~Que....
It isn't always as nice to be the goat though....
Get the bp/wing ahead of time if you can....
Dive it & practice buoyancy control....
Spare mask in the left pocket....
Do shared air ascents too....
And be ready to meet....
Darwin & Murphy....
No danglies!!!
Valve drills?
Can you?
Uh Oh!
:boom:

Halycon makes good gear, and Abysmal, and OMS. I lean towards Halycon, even though my tech mask is OMS. I have Halycon Pioneer 45# wings, harness and backplate. I dive US Divers Rocket fins (like Scubapro Jets). I dive a 5 ft long hose for my Recreational OW rig, and my backup on a bungee around my neck. Hope this helps. PS Scubapro regs and Apeks are kick butt...

Good luck,
:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom