Technical Diving Training in LA area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fastro

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Everybody,

I am interested in learning more about tek diving but have been finding it hard to find anyone in the LA area who does any advanced classes. I have looked over the tek diving section and a lot of the shops in the area, but have not had a lot of success. I would appreciate any info on dive shops in the South Bay area in particular who teach some of the more advanced tek classes.

Thanks!
Dan

That's way outside my stompin grounds but isn't Michael Kane (MHK) out there? It's hard to believe that there isn't a bunch of tech training going on in that area.

Try SoCal Tech Divers. I believe they do their introductory classes through Eco Dive Center on Sepulveda in West LA.

You could call Karim at Hollywood Divers (Hollywoodivers) and ask him about tech training. He is associated with Michael Kane (MHK) and would be able to give you more info about learning through GUE if that's something that you have interest in.

Christian

You could call Karim at Hollywood Divers (Hollywoodivers) and ask him about tech training. He is associated with Michael Kane (MHK) and would be able to give you more info about learning through GUE if that's something that you have interest in.

Christian

Try Grant Graves at Malibu Divers. I know he teaches PADI Tec-Rec, and might be qualified to do more formal technical training as well (not sure though).

Try Grant Graves at Malibu Divers. I know he teaches PADI Tec-Rec, and might be qualified to do more formal technical training as well (not sure though).

Grant can teach much more....

You might also try Andy Huber at Ocean Adventures in Venice (310) 578-9391

Thanks for those kind words sir. We now have Trimix. Yeeehaw...Tech divers who want tri mix come on by

Anyone doing any tech in OC?

Scott

Joel Silverstein and Jeff Bozanic have both taught tec and rebreather classes at Laguna Sea Sports in the last year. Scuba Toys up in Cypress used to have tech classes, but I think it has been awhile. They are now owned by Beach Cities.

Back
Top Bottom