Tekna vs. Apollo vs. Mako vs. Farallon DPV Scooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Although I have not done any empirical tests, I do have several years of experience on a Mk 5 in the early 80's.

My biggest memory is that it took three of us to get the behemoth into the water. However, since those dives were training dives for research divers, I documented them pretty well.

I have found no large difference in times when running the same route today with my X. If anything, it seems a few minutes faster now.

How that equates to Farrallon vs Apollo/Mako I can't say.

All the best, James

mdb:
rtavernetti: Good question. I'm sure you will have a number of good replies. Mine is a bit biased. We have been manufacturing U/W vehicles for over 20 years. Our scooters are in use all over the world. We use a special DC Brushless motor. There are many other details that make the Apollo the choice for lots of divers, resorts, commercial operations, etc.
More details @: www.apollosportsusa.com/Products/UWVehicles/AV2_Scooter.htm
A good used Apollo scooter could be a very good purchase.
Feel free to contact our service center for more details.

Ernie Bourne - Pacific Offshore Divers
1188 Branham Lane
San Jose, CA 95118
Ph (408) 265-3483
E-mail: podi@pacbell.net

Yo Apollo,

Who is your dealer down here in Indonesia, if any?

Thx

Back
Top Bottom