Tell me about diving in SoCal!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got back from a trip to San Diego, the diving was good. I dove Coronado islands, very nice the sealions were a lot of fun. Kelp diving was a really good experience especially at night I recommend that to anyone. I also dove a P-38 and the Yukon. The Yukon is an artificial reef that was sunk a few years ago and is on its side, we had 20 to 30 ft of viz and was told that that is about average. The P-38 I dove on was my favorite dive by far, it lays at 135 ft, is some what broken up from the years underwater, but viz was great and can't wait to go back on my next visit.

I just got back from my first time diving in Socal. Dove on the Great Escape at Catalina. It could not have been a better day of diving. We had clear skies, glass conditions, and good vis. Diving in a kelp forest was awesome, and I'm really glad I had the opportunity. I'll definitely plan on diving on Socal every chance I get in the future.

I just got back from my first time diving in Socal. Dove on the Great Escape at Catalina. It could not have been a better day of diving. We had clear skies, glass conditions, and good vis. Diving in a kelp forest was awesome, and I'm really glad I had the opportunity. I'll definitely plan on diving on Socal every chance I get in the future.

And we sure enjoyed having you guys dive with us!

If you want information about all sorts of things California Diving related, you can pick up our magazine in just about every dive store in California. Inside, you can find dive spot articles, dive boat calendar, dive store directory, dive club listings and lots more.

A lot of this information can also be found on our website: California Diving News - The Premier Website for California Divers

Hi Naga,
in addition to the various images, videos, websites, magazines ..... you might want to use our free eDiving scuba diving simulator to check out virtually some real dive sites here in SoCal.
Among a lot of other things, the simulator includes 3D maps of the various dive sites.

Alberto

Jeremy,

Thanks for the chat about Flower Garden. I passed that info onto my buddy who's in Tejas right now.

No problem. Enjoyed talking to you. Hope your buddy gets the chance to dive there. It really is some great diving.

Here's what I told my warm water, vacation diver friend

Why I Dive in So Cal ...

Imagine your walking in a beautiful forest, trees all around you, the branches swaying to and fro in the slight breeze.
you come across a small glade, leaf dappled sunlight speckles the ground and creatures scurry here and there, taking no heed of you.
....... now imagine that your weightless
... and flying between the trees as if in a dream

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom