temps at Storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

watchoutheyspit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Those of you that have dove Mt. Storm recently, what are the temps like at this time of year?

Divers from our shop were there last weekend. When they left the Hotel Sunday morning it was 40f, sunny and no wind. By the time they got to the dive site it was 30f, snowing sideways with 30mph winds. Water temp was 55f. After the dive, one of the divers sat on a rock. when he went to get up to remove his equipment he found that he was frozen to the rock :D Many divers could not break down their gear as it was frozen :06:
They said that next time they'll be taking thermoses of warm water with them :wink:
Of course it seems that if the lake is 55f they could use that water to thaw the ice on their gear!! Maybe in their haste to leave, they just weren't thinking!!

Have fun!!

Hope this helps

I went to Mt. Storm this weekend, Jan 28 and 29.
Water temperature at the surface was 57 and 53 degrees at 25 feet, and 50 degrees at 50 feet.
The best visibility was about 2 feet, and absolutely 0 visibility under 35 feet.
Saturday air temperatures were in the mid 50s, and mild wind.
Sunday morning, the air temperature was in the mid 30s, and we had a very strong wind.

Went there Friday 2/3/06

water was in that 57'ish range w/ a 3'ish foot vis range.... "current" noticeable, could noticeably watch silt and particulate flow...

Outside was gorgeous with no snow on the ground except for a few places along the road in. This was- I'm sure- an exception to the norm!

Ran across an old sewing machine between the shore and the first 20' platform... ahhh the treasures that abound at Mt. Storm... (sure sure I'm easily amused)

Anyone have some insight to the bag of cans on the first platform?

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom