TEST: New SanDisk 64 Extreme Micro SD and Hero 3 Black w/new Firmware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... the ultras (class10) have some pretty significant quality issues. Quality control appears to have just been plum absent.

This is definitely a true statement. Even SanDisk internal people know this. This card also has lots of issue with Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. As far as I know, the issue is that SanDisk uses a different controller for this card, which is design by their Isreal team. The new extreme went back to a US in house design controller, which is similar to the one used in older extreme and extreme pro. The quality should be good. But the damage is done, it will take SanDisk a while to bring back their reputation if the new extreme really turn out to be a high quality product.

This is definitely a true statement. Even SanDisk internal people know this. This card also has lots of issue with Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. As far as I know, the issue is that SanDisk uses a different controller for this card, which is design by their Isreal team. The new extreme went back to a US in house design controller, which is similar to the one used in older extreme and extreme pro. The quality should be good. But the damage is done, it will take SanDisk a while to bring back their reputation if the new extreme really turn out to be a high quality product.
That kinda ticked me off. I ordered the SanDisk Extreme right at the same time they released the new firmware. The Extreme would have probably performed fine but it's like you said, the damage was done and GoPro decided to throttle the SanDisk cards so I was forced to go with a different one.

Has anyone tested it with the latest version? Because i think on the 22nd this month they suddenly added the sandisks extreme to the list. I just tried with my sandisk extreme pro and latest update but still only 35mb/s! i am tossing up getting the lexar but i would prefer sandisk as they are so much easier available in Australia.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom