Thailand photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some very nice wide angle shots here. For the really tiny stuff, the 60mm lens alone is not enough. If you don't want to invest in a 1.4x TC and new port, a friend of mine has obtained excellent results by adding a +2 diopter. You should have no problem fitting it in your flat port.

I'm thinking about a 105mm lens.

That is what I use for really small.

Downside is that I can only use autofocus in my housing and it is difficult to focus in low light.

Also is not that useful in poor vis. Great for tropical.

Almost never use it in the PNW for those two reasons.

Nice collection Doc Looks like you had a great time.
60mm/60mm-1.4TC/105mm all have plus and minus factors to me anyway.
Some times I think it is more about staying with one macro subject for a long time and waiting for the right composition as well as playing with the strobes.
One strobe vs two, underlighting etc. While everybody shoots clownfish, I always think there is one better shot out there. Slow shutter speed, different lighting etc etc etc. That's the great thing about UW photography, you always think you need to go back!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom