The Armjet - a new microscooter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod:
DSCF0136.jpg

N
What is that?

We are working on a direct drive version now, it should significantly quiet both the Armjet and J-DPS.

I agree, you are not going to see three knots in scuba gear. It moves me (5'10", 215 lbs) in just a mask and snorkel at 200 ft/min (2.3 mph) in the pool. In a good warm water scuba rig with great trim maybe you get 1.8 mph. Still, that is faster than most divers can swim for an hour, and you won't burn all your air, increase your N2 load, and be exhausted. It is also a lot of fun, especially with a light or HD camera in there.

We are also working on the non-adjustable arm ring. If you look at the current pictures on our website (jetboots.com) you'll see the pool shots have a neoprene pad in there. We're going to add some type of adjustment here, maybe as simple as giving you a bunch of dense foam shims that screw into the ring. There is a surprising variation in forearm size between people, especially with exposure suits on! Anyway, the production version will have a solution that allows customizing the arm ring fit, as this is important to reduce arm strain.

You guys make some very cool stuff, thats for sure! Any chance you'll bring out something to compete with the X ? No doubt you have the facilities and know-how. The LiPo technology is very cool as far as packaging and energy density, but how does it fare on lifespan? Given the application I would imagine aging is more a concern than cycles. I've heard, I think for Lithium Ion, 20% of battery capacity is lost each year, regardless of use - how are your LiPo batteries in this regard? Very cool technology, but pricey as well.

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom