The Blue Wild Has Certainly Grown Up... Wow!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I've always been impressed with Sheri Daye's The Blue Wild even when it fit in the IGFA's museum. The average age is probably 20 years younger than any of the other Scuba shows and it has always had that kind of energy that pops. That's really impressive since it's apparent that many of the other regional shows are shrinking while The Blue Wild seems to be exploding.

The was the first year it was put in the lower level of the Broward County Convention Center since it simply wouldn't fit in the upper section. @265 exhibitors simply filled the hall. Hopefully @Sheri Daye will give us all the figures when she gets them. They did have room for a swimming pool, an awesome boat display and an auditorium. While it might have started as a free diving/spearo years ago, they've done something that most of the Scuba Industry can't do: they've evolved. Oh, you'll still find plenty of spearos, their gear and dive charters that cater to them. But you'll also find lots of Scuba charters, manufacturers, agencies, and more, more, more. Yeti was there and it was interesting to find out why they're so much more expensive. Lots of SUPs, Dive Yaks and the boat I talked about along with FWC and the new Goumba Dive Flags. This is a do not miss event so be sure to look for it next year. I'll be posting pics as soon as I get them up!

Unfortunately I burned up a gearbox on my last run, so I wasn't able to attend either show in South Florida this weekend. I do hope Sheri and the Thorntons talk to each other before getting their show dates in 2018....

I think Tek Dive USA is every other year, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to coordinate them at the same venue or at least a month a part. It was hard being in two places on the same weekend. Glad you've established detente' in your gear box again! :D :D :D

We normally go to the show but it conflicted with pre-bought tickets to TekDive. TekDive was the logical choice for us with our style of diving in the event of a conflict. I too hope that they do not conflict in 2018. We would love to have attended both shows this year.

13095818_10154050484850928_4432907430332140128_n.jpg

Stephen Whelan and myself

.... so be sure to look for it next year.

Sorry I missed you at the show, I was in the Koah Spearguns booth and slammed both days. But the "trade only" 2 hours early Sunday was excellent to quietly talk partner co-marketing ideas.

You nailed it when you mentioned the young demographics of the show. I spoke and sold more products to "under 30" divers. This is our best show of the year to introduce new divers looking for solid solutions to their diving issues.

PADI, DAN, Photogs and alot of dive magazines participated this year. Look for the videos of the raffle, just wild at the attendance!! Hoping it gets moved back to the end of February again which is the best time to show if floor space is available.

Back
Top Bottom