The Boynton Dive Chronicles (new and improved)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I waterskied behind Explorer on the way out yesterday.

Well, not really but I could have :wink:
Explorer has a new Caterpillar installed and she hauls butt and is smokefree!

Now, to the diving, we hit the Castor and followed that with The Jump. We had a 73-74 degree thermocline on the Castor and warm water throughout on The Jump. Mild to medium southbound current on both dives. Lots of jewfish still aggregating on Castor. And I limited on bugs on The Jump. Viz was 30-40 on Castor and a bit better on the reef. Followed the diving up with lunch at Hurricane Alley with my buds, it doesn't get any better!

@Brian: Sounds like an awesome dive! I'm thinking about heading down to Miami to do a dive myself soon. Can't wait.

The family's going to be in the area the week after Christmas--is anyone planning to dive on the 28th or the 29th (Wednesday/Thursday)?

Going to be in the area the last weekend of January and am planning on trying to finally get out with the Underwater Explorers crew ... What kind of water temps should we be prepared for?

Steve,
If your use to the cold crap we have up this way a 3mm will work with you being a bit cool on the second dive with temps in lower 70's,I make sure when diving I dry my suit out real good the night before the next dive s.
The locals with a different temperature body set seem to dive dry or 6MM,I use a full 3mm with a Henderson skin underneath and do great!
have fun man, will be down next month for some Boynton diving and hope the winds work,my Gal Pal dose not like the winter rollers on the Atlantic! Strange she dives, top man's /Cap'ts on stuff on Lake Michigan in the same range,ladder launching,gut wrenching,boat rolling most weekends
!

Bump for the Pompano beach thread.

I suggested Kevin's op to guy asking about concerns with typical Boynton and Pompano protocols. I'm on a wireless device and couldn't post a link to the op, so I. Bumped this thinking he might see it.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom