The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hopefully, we tend to chase off the worst types here on the board--we don't tolerate it. IIRC, there was another video a year or so ago going around showing true idiots attacking a stingray nearby at Peanut Island, cutting of it's tail or some other nastiness.....fisheye, do you remember that the same way?

Well despite being knew here I'll do my best to help not tolerate idiots.

Well despite being knew here I'll do my best to help not tolerate idiots.

Hey, one more person trying to show others why abusing the sealife is a bad decision, is always a good thing.
I will say, there's always a line---I [visually] inspect sealife "very" closely sometimes, and may even ever so slightly touch if the situation seems acceptable (as in, the animal is not discernibly unhappy with the situation)......but grabbing, terrorizing, and being just mean is a different thing altogether.

Hey, one more person trying to show others why abusing the sealife is a bad decision, is always a good thing.
I will say, there's always a line---I [visually] inspect sealife "very" closely sometimes, and may even ever so slightly touch if the situation seems acceptable (as in, the animal is not discernibly unhappy with the situation)......but grabbing, terrorizing, and being just mean is a different thing altogether.

I couldn't agree more. I mean yeah I'll occassionally use a cloths pin to hold a fish in place for a picture, but you have to draw the line some where.

Hopefully, we tend to chase off the worst types here on the board--we don't tolerate it. IIRC, there was another video a year or so ago going around showing true idiots attacking a stingray nearby at Peanut Island, cutting of it's tail or some other nastiness.....fisheye, do you remember that the same way?

I don't remember that video, and I assume I would if I saw it. It would have really pissed me off.

I couldn't agree more. I mean yeah I'll occassionally use a cloths pin to hold a fish in place for a picture, but you have to draw the line some where.

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom