The continuing sagas of the Blue Heron Bridge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You folks are excellent salesmen!

I'm coming to Boca for a business meeting next week and I'm going to stay a couple of extra days so I can dive the bridge. I'll be there Thursday and Friday morning. I'll probably take in some boat dives in the afternoon as well.

Thanks for all the wonderful photos. I hope mine turn out 1/10th as good.

Yeah, I was quite dissappointed. I tried to take my daughter out for a tune up and people were having to unload gear and park on the island or the west side of the bridge. (I went to the brass ring.)

You folks are excellent salesmen!

I'm coming to Boca for a business meeting next week and I'm going to stay a couple of extra days so I can dive the bridge. I'll be there Thursday and Friday morning. I'll probably take in some boat dives in the afternoon as well.

Thanks for all the wonderful photos. I hope mine turn out 1/10th as good.

Plan on being there early. :) (Tide)

edit: see below for 7/9 - 7/10
(Sorry. I see you said NEXT week)

Better!

Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

Th 9 Low 4:18 AM 0.5 6:34 AM Set 8:25 AM 97
9 High 10:15 AM 2.7 8:17 PM Rise 9:54 PM
9 Low 4:27 PM 0.1
9 High 10:44 PM 3.0

F 10 Low 4:54 AM 0.5 6:34 AM Set 9:18 AM 94
10 High 10:55 AM 2.7 8:17 PM Rise 10:25 PM
10 Low 5:03 PM 0.3
10 High 11:20 PM 2.8

In the summer the weekends have been super crowded. You just have to get there REALLY early to get a parking spot. We have been diving the bridge a lot more during the week now. We are planning on diving the bridge tomorrow after work provided no thunderstorms are in the area at the time.

Several of us dove the bridge yesterday and as is always the case.....It is amazing! We saw a Swollen Claw Mantis for the first time over by the moored boats.....We never went deeper than 14 feet by the boats and saw one of the biggest Sting Rays I have ever seen actively hunting and unphased by our presence.....Horseshoe crabs..Those amazing Urchins with their every belonging attached to their spiny surfaces to provide protection...Nudis, and much, much more.....But the most amazing experience was as we were at 8-9 feet, exiting the water....We felt a presence at our side.....And very gracefully....A manatee swam 3-4 feet to the side of us and leisurely swam away.....We were in awe and the bad weather, cool water.....was all worth it!

How cool was the water?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom