The "eyeglasses recovery dive" -- you always learn something..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great story, achieved a goal, of course log the dive- it's a part of your diving history. BTW, when we were in FIJI a few years back, where the vis was 100 feet, a friend and I dove with 30 cf tanks and a single reg, no bcd, in the lagoon, between 10 and 14 feet in depth, and had a great time in the "ultra lite" scuba rig. Only in such calm and benign conditions, of course.
DivemasterDennis

Gloves, there is an amzing amount of VERY SHARP objects on the bottom.
String Bag, you don't know what you have got, stick it in the bag to check later

Reactions: Doc
Good work there Tom,,.........All parties 'won'--except for one, his eye doc......:)

along with the "shot line", a line off of that helps you do circular sweeps in zero visibility.

I, like others have had the "you are a diver, can you help me" at the marina. A brass running light housing for a vintage craft fetched me more than what I really expected (I was thinking a couple beers), and made me question my engineer's salary.... He also like all the lost dinner plates and silverware I returned to him from past events....

Over the years I have done a few of those dives in Lake Pontchartrain for friends who have lost something (shrimp trawls,traps,etc) or just to look (feel) around. Secret for muck diving is neutral buoyancy with your body at a 45 degree head down position to keep from stirring up the bottom.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom