The Mind of a Demon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pat Gilbert

Registered
Reaction score
Quote from Fabien Cousteau's web site:

"As a member of an elite team off the coast of South Africa, Fabien took part in a cage-less diving expedition with Great White sharks. During the behavior research, he was surprised to observe how docile, even skittish, these notorious fishes really are."

Then WHY the title "The Mind of a Demon" for his documentary on diving with white sharks?? :shakehead

I just really don't like it when otherwise intelligent/thoughtful people contribute to the demonization of some of the ocean's most magnificent creatures, usually for the sake of playing on the fears of the average, uninformed viewer.

Look at it this way, if some eco-celebrity did a thoughful documentary on the lion and called it "The Mind of a Blood-Thirsty Beast" I think some in the wildlife community would find it not only improper but inaccurate as well.

Sorry for the rant. (It IS a Monday, though.)

Maybe he's talking about the human mind :rolleyes:

Our local aquarium has a short intro to the shark display and it basically does the same thing; paints the sharks as monsters then opens the screen to show you the tank and the sharks swimming in it. Completely unprofessional if you ask me.
Ber

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom