The mob scene in the south area on Sat. (sonoma)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, I have a question for all of you. Let's say you are someone near these divers (and not necesserally knowledgable about diving or maybe you are) and they communicate to you that they will be diving and what their dive plan is just so you know to "not worry." And then an hour later, one of there scooters came up on shore by itself.

Wouldn't you think that something may have gone wrong? Would you wait beyond the planned dive time to see if they come back before worrying about it? Or would you play it on the caution side and call in for help since time could be a factor?

I definitely think it's a good idea to let people know your dive plan. But in this situation, would it really make a difference in the choice that you make in that moment?

zen_man:
So, I have a question for all of you. Let's say you are someone near these divers (and not necesserally knowledgable about diving or maybe you are) and they communicate to you that they will be diving and what their dive plan is just so you know to "not worry." And then an hour later, one of there scooters came up on shore by itself.

Wouldn't you think that something may have gone wrong? Would you wait beyond the planned dive time to see if they come back before worrying about it? Or would you play it on the caution side and call in for help since time could be a factor?

I definitely think it's a good idea to let people know your dive plan. But in this situation, would it really make a difference in the choice that you make in that moment?

I agree with you Zen, And feel you made a good point!

I want to be the mob! :D

Under the circumstances, with the scooter in the surf: 911 RIGHT NOW.

When you leave a plan with somebody, set a drop dead call 911 time. For our Farallones
dives, we set a planned run time and a call-the-coasties time. Typically 45 and 60
minutes (60 = 45+15, not 60 minutes after the 45 expires).

Back
Top Bottom