The real story of the FONATUR Marina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, great to hear. NO ONE is complaining about the new marina. I better PM Gov Borge's cell number to someone I know.... And now that it is open and people are using it, they decided to build some buildings of its administration there. Perhaps if the buildings go well, parking lots next!

Por Esto:

Moving boat

COZUMEL, 26 June.- A total of 190 boats from a universe of 223 de La Caleta have agreed to move to the Marina FONATUR which already has water services, electricity, and soon will have the fuel, which plasma no disagreement to change, stated the governor of Quintana Roo, Roberto Borge Angulo.
In recent weeks, moving users La Caleta natural entrance to the new marina called FONATUR has been more than evident that there has been no public disagreements of boaters who were receiving their new assignments moorings one by one.
On this issue, the state governor, first recalled that La Caleta is a concession space before administration Hotel President, under the agreement that the moment they were ready electrical installations and water in the Marina would FONATUR to the latter the small boats, and even today there are 190 vessels of 223 who signed with the Port Authority of Quintana Roo moving towards the new marina where the federal government spent more than 120 million pesos for its creation .
Said missing details for Marina FONATUR, but considered minimal, and said "I think the most important is the access channel for boats of high magnitude that can reach up to 150 feet, I think that's the next stage. I talked to the director general of FONATUR Hector Barraza Gómez, he will soon be with us on a tour here in Cozumel and we'll be seeing the Navy missing FONATUR details ".
He indicated that they will build the buildings for the administration of the marina with an investment ranging from 10 to 12 million pesos, "the Navy FONATUR will be a pride for all Cozumeleños, will see the amount of ships that are coming that will be generating economic benefit, that will generate profits from loading fuel and supplies. "

Getting our slips selected is not an agreement to move - this article makes me laugh

OK, today's update: as of this afternoon no more empty tank pickups in the Caleta. All tanks must be unloaded in the new marina. The only unload area to access the marina is the boat ramp, and it is not accessible by dolly. The ramp area is the only access point to the marina since the northern area is blocked by a boom and the mid and south section is not accesible by road except by the boat ramp which is also being used as the only parking area.
Along the sloped ramp is a concrete walkway with sloped dirt fouling it so a dolly can not be used, which at the end, it abuts the pier walkways, but it is not finished as there is a 4" step between the sloped dirt on the ramp walkway and 90 degree turn to the piers which makes this section inaccessible except by foot, no dolly's between the 'parking lot' and piers.
Along the edge of the ramp where the boats have to pull up to unload there are no tie downs but someone roll up a couple stones which are the 'tie downs'. Sitting at the ramp roadway and walkway point is the glorious devise that made the move possible by 'honering' the contract and providing electricity. A portable construction site generator unit is sitting at an angle with a cable jumped to the marina pier which is how Inter-Contenital hotels project is going forward at the Caleta

OK, today's update: as of this afternoon no more empty tank pickups in the Caleta. All tanks must be unloaded in the new marina. The only unload area to access the marina is the boat ramp, and it is not accessible by dolly. The ramp area is the only access point to the marina since the northern area is blocked by a boom and the mid and south section is not accesible by road except by the boat ramp which is also being used as the only parking area.
Along the sloped ramp is a concrete walkway with sloped dirt fouling it so a dolly can not be used, which at the end, it abuts the pier walkways, but it is not finished as there is a 4" step between the sloped dirt on the ramp walkway and 90 degree turn to the piers which makes this section inaccessible except by foot, no dolly's between the 'parking lot' and piers.
Along the edge of the ramp where the boats have to pull up to unload there are no tie downs but someone roll up a couple stones which are the 'tie downs'. Sitting at the ramp roadway and walkway point is the glorious devise that made the move possible by 'honering' the contract and providing electricity. A portable construction site generator unit is sitting at an angle with a cable jumped to the marina pier which is how Inter-Contenital hotels project is going forward at the Caleta

I knew it. Well on track and everything working. (Who was it who was said it was so nice with electric in the new marina?)

Looking at the drawings, could you drive around the admin buildings, turn left at the shops, go behind the condos and come through the far parking lot to pick them up?

Wow, sounds like an epic mess at this point........sorry for all the ops being forced to put up with that crap!

Based upon the report above, are boats waiting to load and unload tanks?

Are they having to walk tanks some distance to get to a boat?

With as many boats as I suspect there are, how is the new marina working?

Are dive ops happy with the setup or was I correct about loading/unloading tanks?

Based upon the report above, are boats waiting to load and unload tanks?

Are they having to walk tanks some distance to get to a boat?

With as many boats as I suspect there are, how is the new marina working?

Are dive ops happy with the setup or was I correct about loading/unloading tanks?

We won't be able to determine if you are correct until they actually FINISH the marina. Did you read gopbroek post? I would say check back in 10 years or so and see if they finish it. Then we can judge who owes who a beer. You want a complete marina with truck access. I think they just want a completed marina.....

Now watch the EP take over the old marina, dredge it, deepen it, drain the mangroves and break every rule out there to accomplish whatever it is they plan lol.....and never get in trouble for it.

You so know it will happen.......

Back
Top Bottom