The real story of the FONATUR Marina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wish I had picture of the "Cozumel Mobile Marine Service Unit." Anyone one that has been to Caleta much has seen it. It is a ratty old Toyota pickup I think with a hoist in the back corner for lifting motors.

I'm just shocked that a Mexican government run real estate development project had some missteps.

Shocked I tell ya!

I wish I had picture of the "Cozumel Mobile Marine Service Unit." Anyone one that has been to Caleta much has seen it. It is a ratty old Toyota pickup I think with a hoist in the back corner for lifting motors.

picture-3.png

The marina did not 'open', it is a refugee center. I think Inter-Contenital hotels (El Presidente) is going forward with their development of the Caleta 'concession' they extracted from Government to bail out FONATUR, after they botched the design. This has caused the eviction of the current boats to the unfinished marina, which was never designed for working boats.
I hope I am wrong but access to the existing Caleta I fear will be cut off in the near future, regardless of the status of the new Marina

.... it is a refugee center. ....

Wow. You nailed it! Like getting kicked out of lets say, Chad. It wasn't great, but it was home.

Well, great to hear. NO ONE is complaining about the new marina. I better PM Gov Borge's cell number to someone I know.... And now that it is open and people are using it, they decided to build some buildings of its administration there. Perhaps if the buildings go well, parking lots next!

Por Esto:

Moving boat

COZUMEL, 26 June.- A total of 190 boats from a universe of 223 de La Caleta have agreed to move to the Marina FONATUR which already has water services, electricity, and soon will have the fuel, which plasma no disagreement to change, stated the governor of Quintana Roo, Roberto Borge Angulo.
In recent weeks, moving users La Caleta natural entrance to the new marina called FONATUR has been more than evident that there has been no public disagreements of boaters who were receiving their new assignments moorings one by one.
On this issue, the state governor, first recalled that La Caleta is a concession space before administration Hotel President, under the agreement that the moment they were ready electrical installations and water in the Marina would FONATUR to the latter the small boats, and even today there are 190 vessels of 223 who signed with the Port Authority of Quintana Roo moving towards the new marina where the federal government spent more than 120 million pesos for its creation .
Said missing details for Marina FONATUR, but considered minimal, and said "I think the most important is the access channel for boats of high magnitude that can reach up to 150 feet, I think that's the next stage. I talked to the director general of FONATUR Hector Barraza Gómez, he will soon be with us on a tour here in Cozumel and we'll be seeing the Navy missing FONATUR details ".
He indicated that they will build the buildings for the administration of the marina with an investment ranging from 10 to 12 million pesos, "the Navy FONATUR will be a pride for all Cozumeleños, will see the amount of ships that are coming that will be generating economic benefit, that will generate profits from loading fuel and supplies. "

Last edited:
plasma no disagreement to change?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom