The real story of the FONATUR Marina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm sure some slash & burn farming could be done on the island, but not very intensively for very long before only bedrock would be left over a spoiled aquifer. Besides the Boll Weevil would stop any big production there.

I had a long reply prepared, geared mainly towards dispelling the notion that Cozumel was not an agriculturally productive location and explaining how it was exporting corn, cotton, pineapples, sweet potatoes, tobacco and other crops to New Orleans, Mobile, Tampa, Havana and other parts of the Yucatan peninsula from the mid 19th through mid-20th centuries. All this was produced on regular farms and not slash and burn milpas, but maybe that is getting to far away from this thread's original theme.

I just received the proofs of my newest book, The True History of the Caribbean Island of Cozumel, and hope to finish the corrections and have it on sale by the end of July.

I just received the proofs of my newest book, The True History of the Caribbean Island of Cozumel, and hope to finish the corrections and have it on sale by the end of July.
Is there a retail outlet on the island that will be selling them as opposed to Amazon?

Want!

Given my crappy vision and the overall wonderfulness of backlighting and adjustable type sizes on my iPad, I'm hoping for some sort of ebook version such as exists for the Cozumel Survival Guide.

Back to the original theme... last week in Coz (June 8-12) we noticed fewer boats parked at the old Caleta, and the Tres Pelicanos folks told us that as of Wednesday they were parking the Skinny Shark at the new Caleta overnight and moving it to the usual spot in the old Caleta in the morning for ease of tank loading (and to avoid confusing those of us who drove ourselves.) I wouldn't be surprised if they started launching from the new place later this month.

Pony (in the TP front office) said they hadn't finished the steel dolly needed to help wheel tanks, so for now they'll keep leaving from the old place for loading. It may not be "finished", but more and more boats are using the new caleta, effective now.

I heard the same thing from Pedro my DM with BXTSea. He said it would be fully open very soon. We saw workers working over there.....looked like they were working on tie offs etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom