The Reef House Resort vs Media Luna Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When you go to West Bay you should try diving with West Bay Divers. They are located behind the Argentinian Grill. They specialize in smaller groups and will bend over backwards to make your diving safe, enjoyable and effortless. They will haul your gear, clean your gear and make efforts to never take you to the same divesite more than once. Tell them that Joe told sent you. Deb and Ken are excellent instructors and guides and I feel sure you will be happy you decided to give them a try. I have done dives all over the island and I wouldn't say one side or area is better than the other. They all have neat things to offer divers. Suck it all in and enjoy!

Joe ---

In the second portion of your trip, you're going to find a lot of West End/Bay Jimmy Buffet costume/lifestyle contestants. A lot of drinking, not much dive focus, at least comparatively to the real-deal AI diver resorts of the South Side. I mentioned above that the maximum you can easily do out of West is two a day, but in fact the average for any SCUBA certified visitor (excluding non-divers from the equation) is likely closer to 4 dives a week. Otherwise, they will be busy posting the definitive Roatan report on Trip Advisor.

Having just returned from a week on West Bay I can related to Doc's "lot of drinking not much dive focus" comment as we did see a lot of that. My wife and I stayed in a small cabana at Bananarama and since she is a non-diver, we balance the vacation for both of us. She enjoyed the beach an I enjoyed 15 dives in six days. WB is impacted by the cruise ship visitors a couple days a week as well. However, there is a minority that dives their ass off while staying on the west side and still enjoys the topside activity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom