The Riveting Articles And Photos Of Wreck Diving Magazine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IndigoBlue

Contributor
Reaction score
I just finished reading cover to cover the first published issue of Wreck Diving Magazine© (published by Joe Porter out of Taylor, S.C. USA, telephone 1-864-244-9861). The single word that comes to mind in describing this magazine, its articles and photos, is RIVETING.

The articles in the first issue covered the following topics, in intense detail, with historical information as well as diving data and photographs:

Page 8 ) The sinking of the British destroyer HMS Limbourne in the English Channel, written by Leigh Bishop, with 8 pages of narrative and photos;

Page 18 ) Bikini Atoll’s underwater nuclear fleet, written by Eric Hanauer, with 6 pages of narrative and photos;

Page 24 ) The sand tiger sharks that have laid claim to the Manuela and regarding the ships torpedoing near Ocracoke Island, NC, written by Gary Gentile, with 5 pages of narrative and photos, together with a full page spread of that author’s other books and publications;

Page 30 ) The folklore and possible site of “the naked lady” sailboat off Hawaii’s Kona Coast, written by Joan Forsberg, with 4 pages of narrative and photos;

Page 34 ) The re-identification of the Proteus and its collision off Hatteras, with a summary of the history and development of modern wreck diving, written by Robert Purifoy, with 5 pages of narrative and photos;

Page 41) The stunning story and aftermath of the wreck of the schooner George A. Marsh and its captain, in Lake Ontario, written by Cris Kohl, with 8 pages of narrative and photos;

Page 50 ) The torpedoing of the tanker Cities Service Empire off the Florida coast, and a short history of the various Standard Oil companies from 1870 to 1999, written by Michael Barnette, with 4 pages of narrative and photos, and with some views of the original attack from the German U-boat captain’s perspective;

Page 55 ) The wrecks and the U.S. Navy attack on Truk Lagoon, Japan’s Pearl Harbor, written by David Prichard, with 8 pages of narrative and photos, with some perspectives of the battle from the Japanese supply ship Shinkoku Maru’s captain.

You can call the phone number shown above, and you will talk to Heidi, to get your own subscription of this new and stunning magazine, which I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy, which is totally dedicated to the descriptions and history of shipwrecks around the world. You do not have to be a technical diver to dive some of these wrecks, and if you are not a technical diver you can still enjoy all of them through the words an pictures of this truly riveting magazine.

have to agree - the first dive magazine I actually read every article in for years - and it only took 8 days from ordering by internet to it dropping through my letterbox in Shetland - only trouble is it got knocked overboard this afternoon, so I'll need to get another copy to keep - hope they can keep the quality up.

The format of the magazine is beautiful, more like booklet quality than a typical magazine. It the kind of magazine you would keep in a collection, like a reference. Especially if you are devoted to shipwrecks.

link where one might order it, anyone?

I guess the real question is whether or not the magazine can maintain for more than a couple of years. There have been heaps of great "one hit wonder" magazines littering history. It'll be hard to limit the subject matter to wrecks after several editions, I predict.

I'm still ticked off about Skin Diver...

All I have to say is that after reading the first issue, it was amazing. I also received this month's Scuba Diving magazine... the one with the mermaids. What the hell does that have to do with diving? I can say that I will be saving my money by NOT resubscribing to Scuba Diving and instead opting for Wreck Diving Mag.

Marc

ABQdiver, thanks!

If they want to inspire confidence in the readership the least they could do is get the spelling in the cover right!

"Truck" Lagoon

BTW I have not read it (yet)

Seadeuce

:rofl:

missed that typo!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom