The sharks have arrived! In force!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ben@scorpiodivers.com

Contributor
Reaction score
so there we go,
it was a cracking day, the first whale shark trip of 08, 10 sharks played happily with us for almost three hours, we left cancun, puerto juarez, for isla contoy 8 15am, arrived in the shark area and within 15min had our first swim, a little baby 15ft in length!
after a quick splash the sahrks appeared all over, 25ft sharks the norm, 6 sharks feeding together in a close area, sharks all over!
we all had a good 5-6 swims each with the sharks before we were spent then it was chicken sandwich and beer o'clock!
overall a fantastic start to the season, the plankton was heavy (that a good thing) but the viz was 20-30ft, water temp 80f and calm seas, no one got the slightest touch of seasickness!
season is officaily starting sunday june 1st, enjoy it and dont miss out!

ben

How much does this trip cost?? We will be down June 6th. Would like to do this swim. Is there a guarentee?

Hi,

I will be in Cozumel in the beginning of august. Are there still sharks around in august?

Andy

the trip is $185 and that inc. r/t transport from playa too, its a guarentee!

What is the timeline for this trip (i.e. when does it leave, return, etc.)?

R/T from Playa - is that Playa Del Carmen?

Is this practical to do as a day trip from Cozumel?

pick up at playa del carmen is around 6 10am, you d have to take the 5am ferry from coz to playa, (pick up very close to sr frogs) you ll be on the 4pm ferry back to coz so 12 hrs for the whale sharks, absolutly worth it!
peak season is july to august, thats when the mantas roam too!
was a very cool day yesterday, the sharks were everywhere so peak season should be awesome!

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures please for those of us sitting at home.....

I'm green with envy. Thanks for sharing this exciting info! Best adventures to all that get to go observe and participate.....

Awesome! Whale sharks are amazing creatures. Please post some photos!

Hi,

I will be in Cozumel in the beginning of august. Are there still sharks around in august?

Andy
June - September is the season; I was there last August and had a fantastic time - I stayed ovenight; however the island (Isla Holbox) offers little; no scuba diving for example, so a day trip would make the most sense - go if you have the opportunity; I don't know of anyplace in the world where its easier and cheaper to see these magnificant animals.

Are these dives, or just snorkeling trips? (I'm going to be in the area for a week in June . . . )

Back
Top Bottom