The tropics are waking up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, hell no!
I just booked yesterday for next week- how much more last minute can I make it!

Oh, hell no!
I just booked yesterday for next week- how much more last minute can I make it!
And you probably can't get travel insurance with cancellation coverage because it's a named storm. :confused:
Hopefully, it'll fizzle out and won't affect your trip.

I like to look at windy.com they have a very nice 7 day animation. If you pan out for the whole Caribe and gulf it looks like 'Brett' takes a southern track and gets shredded in the south central Caribe and the next one 'Cindy' should hook north into the Atlantic.
On the pacific side it looks like a strong storm spins up off Acapulco and goes north towards Cabo.

I arrive in Cozumel on Saturday. Fingers crossed.

I once bet against the experts when a Cat-4 was aiming for the island and went. Two days later I was booking my escape.

Ocean temps in the eastern Atlantic all the way north to the British Isle are currently at unprecedented levels. There is A LOT of fuel there for storm development. Hopefully the El Nino kicks into full force as they predict, and it limits the development of some of these storms. There is also not alot of Saharan dust in the atmosphere over the Atlantic at the moment which is a key factor that typically limits storm development early in the hurricane season. This could be a LONG, jaw-clinching season. Fingers crossed!

I arrive in Cozumel on Saturday. Fingers crossed.
Wind speed and direction is the key for Cozumel, you are looking pretty good.
Next week on Wind Guru, speed in km/hr
1687304580023.png

I like to look at windy.com they have a very nice 7 day animation. If you pan out for the whole Caribe and gulf it looks like 'Brett' takes a southern track and gets shredded in the south central Caribe and the next one 'Cindy' should hook north into the Atlantic.
On the pacific side it looks like a strong storm spins up off Acapulco and goes north towards Cabo.
Windy is pretty accurate from what I've used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom